New Jersey Security Deposit Demand Letter In A Landlord-Tenant Situation, Can The Security Deposit Be Used As The Last Month's Rent?

In a Landlord-Tenant situation, can the security deposit be used as the last month's rent? - new jersey security deposit demand letter

I paid my deposit when I moved into my apartment. Is it possible my security deposit as last month's rent for me? The reason I am here is that I do not trust my landlord and I will not pass through a long process to get my deposit. I am sure the law varies from state to state, so if it helps, I live in New Jersey.

2 comments:

misspipi... said...

The law is the same in all states, can ........ In practice however, the lord of the earth will go through the trouble and expense when it is in 30 days already gone. Probably not. assuming you do not hurt and leave the place spotless and the owner takes no action before. unless you use it as a reference to another apartment. Then the owner can legally say that they pay no rent to the left. that is true ..... a good question. My question is: what to do ?...............

Leogirl0... said...

It is a lot in Florida and Georgia. So, now the owners of non-refundable fee must be accompanied by a deposit.

Post a Comment